These tip sheets can help you comb the beach for stories where water meets land. And here are some examples of beach water quality stories.
- Getting started: Great Lakes beach and water issues
- Common misperceptions Covering the nearshore isn’t just a day at the beach
- Stormwater stories and how to find them
- Monitoring your own beach
- Visualizing beach stories with MiSwim
- Stories from a beach monitoring database
- Agricultural runoff
Beach monitoring might indicate you should have closed the beach days ago but it could be fine now. This video explains one of the emerging speedier techniques. More information about the technique.