Six Chinese journalists visiting MSU gave a presentation called “Traditional Media vs. Social Media: Impacts on Storytelling” as part of the Visiting International Professional Program 2017 Academic Forum.
They also premiered a 10-minute video about their fall semester professional development experience at MSU.
Program participant Zhang Xiaotong moderated the presentation. Knight Center director Eric Freedman served as discussant.
The other presenters and their topics were:
- Dang Xiaofei: Social Media in China
- Zhong Lei: How China Utilizes Social Media on the International Stage
- Zhai Huixia: Importance of Traditional Media
- Zhang Tingting: Importance of Photos in Online News
- Hu Yajuan: Observations on U.S. Traditional Media
The participants work for Beijing-based China International Publishing Group, a publisher of books, magazines and websites “with a mission to introduce China to foreign countries.” During their stay in East Lansing, they sat in on some J-School classes, took VIPP courses and visited the Lansing State Journal and WKAR.