The MSU Surplus Store and Recycling Center is looking for a paid student communications assistant.
The position will primarily create written and visual content, develop talking points for in-person and virtual outreach activities, and engage with the Surplus Store and Recying Center’s audience.
The total hours per week are 15-20, primarily between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional evening and infrequent weekend events. Possibility of additional hours.
- Create content and educational resources and displays, such as:
- Event graphics, posters, handouts/fliers.
- Written blogs involving interview(s) and photo(s).
- Presentations for SSRC Town Halls, academic class talks, staff meetings, student groups, etc.
- Short video clips.
- Promote SSRC activities through various methods.
- Communicate with registrants and attendees of education activities.
- Host or co-host activities/events for groups of students, faculty/staff or community members, and represent SSRC at other events.
- Become comfortable talking/writing about the various services offered by the SSRC.
- Assist with other duties to support the Education & Upcycle Coordinator as needed.
Details here: https://msurecycling.com/news-stories/student-job-opening/